Bob Burg is a sought-after speaker at company leadership and sales conferences sharing the platform with everyone from today’s business leaders and broadcast personalities to even a former U.S. President.
Bob is the author of a number of books on sales, marketing, and influence, with total book sales of well over a million copies. His book, The Go-Giver, coauthored with John David Mann, itself has sold over 800,000 copies and it has been translated into 21 languages.
His and John’s newest parable in the Go-Giver Series is The Go-Giver Influencer.
Bob is an advocate, supporter, and defender of the Free Enterprise system, believing that the amount of money one makes is directly proportional to how many people they serve. He is also an unapologetic animal fanatic and is a past member of the Board of Directors of Furry Friends Adoption, Clinic & Ranch in his town of Jupiter, Florida.
- Could not recommend it enough!March 18, 2019 by Mindful Mel from United States
Listening to Heart Sells Podcast has felt like meeting a soulmate! That initial excitement of knowing this is exactly what you’ve been looking for, the peace of feeling completely understood and that burst of energy from knowing that anything is possible! Every episode has been chock full of awesome nuggets and beautiful reminders. The combination of incredibly successful powerhouses sharing their journey, practical and applicable tools and Christine’s heartfelt and authentic approach and energy, is an incredible gift for all heart-centered entrepreneurs!
- Dondi Scumaci - Don't let a bad experience creep into your heartJanuary 19, 2019 by WalkingInside from Canada
Loved the interview! Dondi has a great way of reminding us that we get to choose the lesson in our experiences.
- Amazing Podcast!January 5, 2019 by LaDawn Townsend from United States
I just started listening to Christine's podcast and the content is amazing! Can't wait for the next episdoe.
- Packed with Powerful & Practical Tips!December 24, 2018 by VanPavlik from United States
Love this podcast! The lifeblood of any business is sales and Christine does an amazing job of making sales something you'll fall in love with instead of dread. These podcasts are short and get staright to the point, filling you with both the knowledge and motivation to go out and bring in lots more money to your business by selling from your heart. If you want to bury the notion that sales is sleazy or avoid "gurus" who make sales sleazy and instead learn to how to sell in a way that is heart-centered, easy, win-win, and non-pushy, then look no further... you have found the right podcast!
- Mindset Makes The DifferenceDecember 17, 2018 by JanineFQ from United States
Great show about creating a business with heart. If you think it, you can achieve it and Christine show you how to use your heart and mind to find success. I'll listen again.
- Loved the JLD InterviewDecember 16, 2018 by Thehighenergygirl from United States
Wow, what a great interview with JLD. Christine your energy is great and I look forward to listening to your other episodes. Well done! BTW I love the title so much!
- Follow your heart!December 14, 2018 by The Marketing Book Podcast from United States
... and your mindset will take it from there. Yogi Berra once said "90% of the game is half mental." With your heart and mind aligned (like planets) you'll be amazed at what you can accomplish. Subsribe, listen and start selling!
- Afraid to sell? Listen here!December 13, 2018 by MizzBeeMe from United States
These are wonderful interviews with successful entrepreneurs, (including the Queen of Sales Mindset, host Christine)......who share how they began, what their difficulties were, and the sales mindsets & strategies they used to get to their top. If you've ever had that icky feeling when it come to 'selling' you or your stuff....get some great inspiration here of not only how to sell, but how to think.
- Feeling P.O.W.E.R. ful!December 10, 2018 by The Variety Artist from United States
Just listened to ep 5. Love the POWER formula. Christine explains it clearly and makes it simple for me to understand. Great podcast!
- Let’s get better at selling!December 9, 2018 by Joeb29 from United States
Let’s be honest, we can ALL be better at selling. I know I can, and I’ve been studying selling for years! Have a listen if you want to start getting better. I’d recommend it!
- Inspirational!December 8, 2018 by CCarroll1 from United States
Christine is a joy to listen to and learn from! I am so glad she now has a podcast so I can keep learning from her wisdom on sales, money, mindset, business and more. Great information!
- You had me at "hi gorgeous!"December 8, 2018 by The Chef Rock Xperiment from United States
Wonderful energy and such valuable insight! Thank you, Christine!
- Love this podcast!December 8, 2018 by Funky Sarica from United States
Christine does such an incredible job of helping her listeners to find their way with selling with love, from the heart. Her guests offer so much value—looking forward to more interviews!
- Beautifl ShowDecember 8, 2018 by Duffash from United States
Christine has a wonderful energy. She is a great coach and teacher. I love how she teaches tools for shifting our mindset into creating habits and behaviors that build our success.
- Christine is Great!December 8, 2018 by horsegirldsi from United States
Have gotten a lot of value out of the first episodes. Christine is a great host!
- We need more of this...December 7, 2018 by Stu Schaefer from United States
I'm an entrepreneur and I sell every day of my life. It's easy to neglect the heart side of things, but I think it's important to balance that since we're all humans on the same team. Christine does a great job providing really valuable insights!
Subscribe to Heart Sells!
Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | Soundcloud | iHeart | Facebook
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Go for No! Yes is the Destination by Richard Fenton and Andrea Waltz
The Go-Giver, A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea by Bob Burg, John David Mann
Go-Givers Sell More by Bob Burg, John David Mann
The Go-Giver Leader: A little Story About What Matters Most in Business by Bob Burg, John David Mann
The Go-Giver Influencer: A Little Story About a Most Persuasive Idea by Bob Burg, John David Mann
Endless Referrals by Bob Burg
Join my FREE Heart Sells! Facebook Group and join an amazing community of heart-centered, driven entrepreneurs to connect and receive amazing value on how to sell from your heart and make sales with ease, grace, and confidence.
The Success Library, gain instant access to the Sales Journaling Prompts and start shifting your mindset today.
3 Key Points:
- Selling and confidence in sales is more about communicating with others in a way that hopefully brings out the best in everyone involved.
- When we can be focused on providing value to others we’re always creating the environment for success.
- You don’t need to like rejection, but you need to learn to deal with them and understand that it is part of the process and that it happens to everyone.
[00:45] Bob shares something interesting about himself that most people don’t know.
[01:30] Bob shares how he became confident in selling and that he had to learn it
[02:15] Bob talks about beliefs and what kind you need to have to make sales with confidence and ease
[04:08] The false dilemma of the sales mindset
[05:33] The first thing in his professional life was to sell advertising and that is when he realized he needs to learn sales
[07:25] "]You should be earning a great income from serving a lot of people in a wonderful, wonderful way
- We should get paid for something we like
- We have blocks around getting paid for fun because we have been conditioned in a different way – school, work…
- People see that getting paid for something they don’t like that that is ok, but if they take the money and have fun they feel guilty
Who made the rules?
[09:20] Bob always knew that he wanted to start his own business, he was always pretty entrepreneurial
[10:20] How Bob deals with rejection
- He does not like it
- There seems to be this “political correctness” in the self-help world that you always need to see things positive and say: I love rejection…
- Human beings don’t like rejection. It is a matter of understanding and a matter of the sales process
We can reframe it [12:41]
When people quite when they get a bunch of No’s – It’s not the No’s that got them but the fact that they think they are the only ones getting them
- Bob goes into the mindset of Noes and Yeses
- Rejection is a natural part of the process
[15:20] Advice Bob gives to people who feel bad with a No and about the attitude that you need to have
[17:35] Understanding the value we bring to others is an absolute key to being able to ask for and receive the kind of money you deserve and that will keep you abundant
Where to find Bob Burg on Social Media:
Like and Follow Heart Sells! Podcast:
Heart Sells! Resources:
Empowered by your Sales-Success!
The Success Library, gain instant access to the Sales Journaling Prompts and start shifting your mindset into a Sales-Success-Mindset today
Sending in your questions: email@example.com
The Sales Mentality Makeover Masterclass #2, a teaching series of 18 amazing experts giving their advice on Sales | Mindset | Money | Wealth Creation
Empowerment Notes, Join the Empowerment Notes our weekly newsletter and I’ll make sure you have all the info you need to be empowered.